The Harpazo is a blog and reference site for everyone who want to know more about and discuss Biblical Christianity. We have articles and short posts that we hope you will find helpful in your study of the Bible, walk with Jesus Christ, and search for truth.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that all of it is profitable for teaching (what is right), rebuking (what is wrong), correcting (making wrong right) and training (staying right) in righteousness so that all Christians can be thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Hebrews 4:12).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of man- He became fully man without sin- and simultaneously the Son of God- He was and is fully God (Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 1:15-17; John 1:1-3,14, 10:30).
- We believe in the Trinity (though this word is not mentioned in the Bible; see Matthew 28:19). Simply put we believe in one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:3-6; James 2:19) but that He exists as the Father (1 Peter 1:2), the Son (John 1:1-3), and the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-5). They are three distinct persons but all co-eternal and co-equal in substance or essence. This is a mystery but one that we believe that the Bible reveals though we cannot fully understand it with our finite minds.
- We believe that the Gospel of Christ is this: That Jesus died for our sins according to the scriptures, was buried according to the Scriptures, and was raised on the third day according to the scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-3). Salvation is by God’s grace alone (underserved favour) through faith alone (believing and trusting) in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 3:16-17; Titus 3:3-5; Acts 16:31).
Purpose of The Harpazo
- We desire to help Christians to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Scriptures through regular articles and resources.
- We desire to equip Christians to be able to defend their faith and to be ready to give a reason for why they believe what they do.
- We desire to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those who have not trusted Him for the forgiveness of their sins.