SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.”
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
- Why is Paul so bold in proclaiming “I am not ashamed of the Gospel”? (v16)
- How does anyone experience the saving power of God? (v16)
- Why do you think that Paul mentions that this power is available to the Jewish person first? (v16)
- Besides the Gospel being the power of God to save what else does it reveal? (v17)
- Do you see a connection between the righteousness of God and faith in v17?