SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 2:12-16
12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. Identify two categories of people that Paul lists in V12.
2. By what means does Paul say will the Jews be judged? (V12)
3. How are the Gentiles a law unto themselves? (V14)
4. As opposed to the Jews who were given the written commandments on stone where did God write His law for the Gentiles? (V15)
5. Identify the moral code that testifies to this truth in question 4.
6. Think of a definition for the word “conscience”.
7. How does man’s conscience witness to the truth of God’s law written on his heart? (V15)
8. When will this take place according to verse 16?