SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 5:1-5
1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. By what means is a person justified? (V1)
2. List three immediate spiritual blessings that flow from being in this position (Vv1-2)
3. Besides being able to rejoice in the hope of God’s glory, what else does Paul say Christians must rejoice in? (V3)
4. According to verses 3-5 does suffering have a purpose?
5. What three specific things does suffering produce? (Vv3-4)
6. Why does hope not put us to shame? (V5)