SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 5:12-14
12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— 13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. 14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. Who do you think the “one man” is that Paul refers to in verse 12?
2. Read Genesis 3:1-5 to learn more about how sin came into the world.
3. How did death spread to all men?
4. Think through this statement “We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners”. What two pieces of evidence does Paul provide us to support this truth? (Vv13-14)
5. In what ways is Adam a “type” of Jesus? (V14)