SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 6:1-5
1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. Why do you think Paul asked the question that he did in verse 1?
2. What truth does he reveal by his own response to the question? (V2)
3. How does Paul’s picture of baptism help to illustrate this truth? (Vv3-4)
4. Do you think that Paul is speaking about water baptism or spiritual baptism?
5. What summary does Paul provide in verse 5?