SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 6:11-13
11 So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. 13 Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. In the original Greek verse 11 is an imperative or a command. It is the first time in the book of Romans where Christians are told that they must do something. What does Paul want each Christian to consider? (V11)
2. Though we are dead to sin what will it seek to make us do each day? (V12)
3. What do you think Paul means by the term “members”? (V13)
4. What does Paul not want Christians to keep on doing? (V13)
5. How is the Christian to practically do battle with sin each day? (V13)