SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 7:12-14
12 So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. 13 Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. How does Paul view the Law of Moses? (V12)
2. If the problem isn’t the Law what is? (V13)
3. What does sin produce in Paul through the misuse of the law? (V13)
4. What does the Law ultimately reveal about sin? (V13)
5. How does Paul refer to the Law and himself in verse 14?
6. Do you think the phrase “sold under sin” means that Paul is speaking about himself as an unbeliever or as a believer? (V14)