SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 8:5-11
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. What does Paul mean when he says “to set the mind on”? (Vv5-7)
2. What is the end result of setting the mind on the flesh and the mind on the Spirit? (V6)
3. Are those who are in the flesh able to please God? (V8)
4. How does Paul contrast believers with unbelievers in verse 9?
5. What will God supply to the bodies of believers? (Vv10-11)