SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 8:12-18
12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. 18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. What is the result of living according to the flesh? (V13)
2. What is the result of living according to the Spirit? (V13)
3. What action accompanies living according to the Spirit? (V13)
4. Who are qualified to be the sons of God? (V14)
5. Read verses 15-16 to understand what “led by the Spirit” means?
6. Besides being children of God, what other privileged position are believers granted with Christ? (V17)
7. Identify a condition that we must meet before we are glorified with Christ? (V17)
8. How does Paul give believers encouragement to persevere through their earthly suffering right now? (V18)