SCRIPTURES TO READ: Romans 8:19-22
19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
1. What pains has the whole creation been experiencing until now? (V22)
2. What is creation longing for as it experiences these birth pains? (V19)
3. Who are the “sons of God”? (V19)
4. Why is creation experiencing these birth pains? (V20)
5. What was God’s purpose in subjecting creation to futility? (V21)